Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Choices

We all have choices.

Today I had to finally bite the bullet, give up procrastinating and make a choice!

Put this stupid account keeping software update on computer/s or not!

Well... seeing as I had my brother-in-law here from Darwin, and seeing as he is fey with all things computer, I decided - aka made a choice - that today was a "good" day to upgrade.

Now upgrading account keeping software is a little like going to the dentist! It's more than a little stressful. I hate doing it but it has to be done.

The other choice I made today was to finally install our "new" printer I bought at auction.

It's making starting the computer a bit of an issue at the moment with lots of fussing about trying to "install" components that we don't need. I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of all that! May take awhile! :)

The printer will need a new ink cartridge as the one that came with it is pretty much dry! That's what happens when you choose to buy via auction I guess. Hey! It was a great buy still all the same.

So these were the choices today.

I have always had this image in my head of standing in the centre of a circle. Within this circle are an infinite number of degrees, each degree being a choice to be made. Any one of these choices I make from within this circle will change my direction and destiny leading to new circles and therefore new possibilities.

We can choose to be deterred by the amount of choice we have available to us and keep looking behind us in retrospect rueing the choices of the past - or we can accept that what lies ahead is the opportunity to change direction and still keep moving forward. It's all in our choices. :)

No comments: