Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The I'm in Time

There's a "me" too.

In the word Time.

I only just noticed that you know. The fact that the word Time has two variations of personal pronouns is interesting to me in a metaphorical sense.

I am in Time, of Time, out of Time, through Time, beyond Time. And yet Time controls me like no other invisible thing.

Time could be equated to God. It's infinite, indefinite and mystifying, confounding us when we think we have it measured and mastered. When we want it to move fast it moves at the pace of a snail. When we want the moment to never end, it whisks us away from it between heartbeats.

I am ruled by Time and yet Time cannot seem to contain me. I watch the clock to get the work done and I curse it when I'm having the time of my life! I am on time for meetings and late for work! I am in tune with the rythms of my life and out of step with my To Do By..List.

As humans, we order our lives around events and seasons that represent the passing of time. We celebrate festivals, birthdays, anniversaries, seasonal changes; we even order our lives through the rythmic patterns of habits we do every day.

Time is all around us and no matter how many times we throw the clocks away, it is there... tapping out lifes heartbeat according to its own design.

There is no 'u' (you) in Time because Time isn't about the other. Time is about me and my responsibility for it. Time demands that I take notice of it and respect it. Time requests that it be me who finds the space in my life to enjoy the pleasure of being with loved ones and friends. I am not take Time for granted but it allows me the freedom to do so if I so choose.

Time is more than a mathmatical equation, more than a physics conundrum on the Space/Time Continuum! Time is an Entity in its own right. A cold, clinical, über-rhythmic sentinel on the journey of life. Clear-headed and calculating, Time is neither romantic or artistic and yet it allows all these things to happen just because its necessary and good to do that.

Our whole entire lives since conception into Eternity, are governed by the effect of Time in every context.

Does that scare you? Your choice!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been tagged for The Personal Development List. (See my site for details), I'd love for you to participate.

Alexys Fairfield said...

Time is precious. Time is infinite, but that doesn't scare me. I always think that I have all the time in the world -- and I do -- Soul is timeless.

Great post Mitch!

Viv said...

No.. doesn't scare me in the least.. because I always make sure time is on my side.. Actually where would we be if it wasn't for numbers at all?

:)