Thursday, May 11, 2006

Beautiful Entente

I saw the most loveliest of things up our street today. It has decidedly restored my faith in the ability of men (yes I mean Men), to be kind and supportive of us women. :)

A VERY large young lady - who was actually very pretty as well - had been stopped by the Police and she chatted with them while they sat in their divisional vehicle for quite a few moments.

I'm not sure what the conversation was about and it's none of my business anyway - that's not the point here.

Anyway, as the cops left, she walked back to a group of three youngish males and promptly laid her head against the chest of one in a posture of need and comfort. She wasn't crying but was obviously quite shaken.

All three men proceeded to 1. find out the story 2. comfort her because of the story 3. try to cheer her up - It was quite the most amazing thing...

BUT THEN.... The best was yet to be...

Without ANY compunction, in broad daylight, in full public view, and with smiles on their faces, these three men gave this large and beautiful woman a huge "Group Hug". They surrounded her with the full force of their combined compassion and cheer, embracing her in the middle of their circle as if she was the most important person on the planet.

I'm absolutely blown away! It was the most beautifully supportive and sensitive demonstration of love between friends I've seen for a very long time.

THIS is what we are here for people! To DO THIS.

I don't particularly care about whether the woman was involved in something unsavoury or otherwise re her "chat" with the police. There are no judgements from me about her story here. I don't need to know them and neither does anyone else.

What I found profound and inspiring instead, was that here was a gentle expression of affection and concern from a group of men for another human being who happens to have been a woman. There was no sex in it as far as I could tell - it was just friendship in its purest form BETWEEN the sexes!

It was absolutely blimmin' marvellous to witness and has made me smile all afternoon.

Men and women CAN be loving and affectionate with each other and still have great friendships. We don't need to confuse our love for another person with sex or desire. We just need to learn and understand how to communicate with each other clearly enough so that beautiful entente between us can grow.

Those three lovely blokes today proved to me it is very possible. :)

Thank God for Good Men! :D

No comments: